Monday, June 20, 2011

Regrets

I saw life sitting on a park bench
And I walked right by
Again, life sat at a picnic table
Meeting with friends whose conversations bobbed
and flowed with the rhythm of the music playing
Swiftly, I walked on
My tail tucked in fear

Life hunched over in a corner, barely noticeable
Her presence blatantly obvious to the curious conscious
I looked away, focusing my eyes straight ahead
As I searched for justification for ignoring her
Moments passed and so do those
Feelings of half-guilt and quarter-regret

All these moments add up
Create a blur at the end of which I question,
"Where did life go?"

She's dying of exposure
The music's fading
She's sulking further into the corner

I have a friend who regularly embraces life
Welcomes her in nervously, yet graciously
With genuine excitement and hunger
Life often invites her friend adventure
The two steal my friend away for a time
All the while, I sit and complain
"When will life take me out?" I ask
"I never get taken out!"
Next time, Stop,
At least give life a "hello"...

No comments:

Post a Comment